Why Most People Lose Money in the Stock Market …and what you can do about it

The Money Pouch | Roboadvisor for Automated Trading

There are lots of reasons well-intentioned investors, the average person who invests in stocks, never earn much investing in the stock market and too many ends up losing money.



If you’ve ever “played around" in the stock market, tell me if any of these sound familiar:



  • You've invested based on tips from co-workers talking about the latest “hot stock”

  • You listened to some "expert" on TV raving about the latest earnings report or dividends of a company

  • You just read that Forbes, WSJ, Fortune… article pumping the prospects of how a tech or renewable stock will change the world

  • You have no exit strategy and only enter the markets when you have time

  • You read charts, but don't really understand all the technical data



The Secret is Risk Reduction



Well-intentioned investors such as yourself often spend countless hours sifting through the latest market research trying to pick winners.



But, what most investors don’t realise is that investing in the stock market is a ‘long game’ and diversification is key.



The tortoise wins the race. The idea is to get rich slowly by investing over your lifetime.



It’s difficult and risky to invest in the market on a short term basis and expect positive returns. It depends on too many factors and the 'long game' allows time to recover from those years where there may be significant losses.



It’s also risky to invest in a single market or even a few markets. Many people I know love to invest in technology, which is fine, but in order to become a successful investor, you'll need to learn to reduce risk by investing in other sectors for balance and risk reduction.



Human Error & High Stockbroker Fees



Even if you are fortunate enough to make some short term gains, you have costly fees for buying/selling and withdrawing your investments.



If you use a stockbroker to handle your investments, you will also worry about how good they are, if they’re paying attention to you and if they’ll cut your losses, etc.



There are typically also many other hidden fees that can eat into whatever gains you may get.



We Have the Answer | Automated Trading Strategies



An automated trading service with...



  • No sign-up fees

  • No cost to leave

  • No hidden fees

  • Automatic reinvestment of dividends

  • Automatic stock investing

  • Automatic monthly rebalancing of stocks and bonds to reduce risk

  • No need to check your portfolio, everything runs on auto-pilot



 



...and no more hours spent scrutinising charts, analyst reports, magazines, newsletters, stock picking sites and other information sources.



...and no more worrying if your stock broker is looking out for your best interests with your hard earned money.



Introducing The Money Pouch



  • The Money Pouch is a roboadvisor for automated trading of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)

  • What are Exchange Traded Funds? An ETF is is an investment fund traded on stock exchanges, much like stocks. Most ETFs track an index, such as a stock index (such as the S&P 500) or bond index (such as US treasuries)

  • Why Exchange Traded Funds? Less than 20% of active fund managers beat the market. This isn't surprising as it satisfies the Pareto Principle. By using ETFs, you are already reducing risk and have a chance of beating 80% of investors. We then use a trading algorithm to optimise your ETF portfolio to manage risk

  • What is a Roboadvisor and how can it help me? A roboadviser is a class of financial adviser that provide financial advice or portfolio management online with minimal human intervention. They provide digital financial advice based on mathematical rules and trading algorithms. Basically, it automatically invests on your behalf whilst keeping risk low.



Arguably, a Roboadvisor is one of the safest ways to invest as it eliminates most human error and behavioural bias. Our automated trading strategies optimise your investment portfolio to reduce risk and protect your investment in falling markets


LEARN MORE
team

team

Automated ETF Trading | A Wealth of Experience

The Money Pouch uses well-known ETF strategies developed by world renowned authors and investment managers such as the "Ivy League Portfolio" from David Swensen, the endowment fund manager at Yale University. We develop these ideas and take them to the next level by using best execution trading algorithms to buy in at the best time. We buy and sell ETFs monthly automatically on your behalf to lock in profits and/or minimise losses

Our investment team is led by experts qualified in the field of financial advice and investment management. We add that expertise to a growing staff of software engineers, programmers, data scientists and specialists with skills in quantitative finance, software development & algorithmic trading. Our lead architects have an average experience of 15 years in their fields of expertise.

Our investment management team, Hudson James Investment Management ("HJIM") is licenced and regulated in the British Virgin Islands. HJIM carries a "Category 3: Investment Management" licence under The Securities and Investment Business Act, 2010 ("the Act").

Mr. Richard Malpass

Mr. Richard MalpassCert. AiFP, BSc. (Hons) Economics

Mr. John C. Malpass

MR. JOHN C. MALPASS B.A. (HONS), ACII, FPMI

Liam O’Donnell

LIAM O’DONNELL B.ENG (HONS), NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST

  • Books Recommended
  • Books Recommended
  • Books Recommended
  • Books Recommended

How Would You Like More Free Time?

Most people don't have time to trade during the day. Trying to get the best execution price for trades can also be frustrating. How many people do you know that have time to sit around and spend hours trading stocks? Our proven computer algorithms work around the clock 24/7, they never get tired and never complain. You will sleep well knowing that your investments are being automatically monitored day and night. Our computer algorithms work around the clock to protect your portfolio by minimising risk.

LEARN MORE

Investment Features

Hassle Free Investing
icon

Hassle Free Investing

We automatically invest your money given your risk score through academically proven approaches such as Modern Portfolio Theory using trading algorithms. We then monitor and rebalance your portfolio automatically each month. You get a great investment with no hassle and no work

LEARN MORE
Maximize Gains Whilst Minimising Risk
icon

Maximize Gains Whilst Minimising Risk

It’s a bad idea to try to time the market via frequent trades, but also, a buy and hold strategy can leave your portfolio exposed to stock crashes. So, The Money Pouch invests your money automatically every month

LEARN MORE
Diversified Portfolio
icon

Diversified Portfolio

If you only hold stocks, you can suffer large losses when stock markets crash like in 2000 and 2008. Our systems can quickly move to the safety of government treasuries or cash to protect you.

LEARN MORE
Meet Your Robo Traders
icon

Meet Your Robo Traders

Our computer trading algorithms work round the clock for you. Unlike humans, they never get tired and never let emotion rule or ruin their trading strategy.

LEARN MORE
Tax Reduction / Inheritance Planning
icon

Tax Reduction / Inheritance Planning

Ask about our tax reduction services via insurance wrappers, trusts and international pension plans. We can often reduce or eliminate many of your tax bills with legal solutions.

LEARN MORE
Low Cost Fees
icon

Low Cost Fees

The only fee we charge is 0.08% per month. That pays for investment management fees, administration fees and our trading algorithms to work for you around the clock to get the best trading result possible

LEARN MORE

Security

Security is Our Top Priority

Security is Our Top Priority

  • Safety & security are our top priority
  • Bank-level security means your personal data is safe
  • Customer accounts are protected by the SIPC (Securities Investor Protection Corporation) and Interactive Brokers has $5 billion under management
  • ETF shares held in your account are protected up to $500,000. For details, please visit www.sipc.org.
  • All securities held are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and are regulated by the SEC. We follow a strict set of rules designed to protect investor accounts
 Read More